Dexamethasone In Orbital Cellulitis (DOC) Trial
Profiling the choroidal genetics to determine its role in myopia and myopic macular degeneration
Comparison of macro and micro vascular changes in diabetic patients
Using OCTA in diabetic children to predict diabetic retinopathy prior to photographic retinal changes
Using AI analysis of retinal images for pregnant diabetic women to predict development of retinopathy and pre-eclampsia
Comprehensive care for Stickler’s syndrome
Pre-operative OCT definition of suspected ocular surface squamous neoplasia (OSSN)
Gene editing to correct inherited retinal diseases
Helen Smith Award
Helen was the founding CEO of the Perth Eye Hospital (PEH) in 1990, and also served as board member of the Eye Surgery Foundation (ESF) charity, in 2020 the ESF emerged into the Perth Eye Foundation (PEF).
Helen’s leadership was enormously instrumental to the success of both organisations and is now recognised by naming the major grant each year as the Helen Smith Award.
Perth Eye Foundation or its predecessor the Eye Surgery Foundation has partnered with a diverse range of organisations to improve eye health outcomes in Australia and beyond.
- RANZCO WA branch for visiting speakers
- The Ophthalmic Research Institute of Australia
- The RANZCO Eye Foundation
- Glaucoma Australia
- Lions Eye Institute
- Lions Outback Vision
- The Association for the Blind in WA
- The John Fawcett Foundation in Indonesia
- The St John Eye Hospital in Jerusalem
- The East Timor Eye Program in conjunction with the Royal Australian College of Surgeons